As a growing company that values its employees, we offer a dynamic and challenging work environment that fosters collaboration and encourages team members to flourish.
operations Technician – Milton, VT
NG Advantage is an essential business open for business, supplying hospitals and papermills, among other businesses. We are currently seeking an Operations Technician 1, based in Milton, Vermont to monitor our Compression Stations in Milton, VT, Springville, PA and Pembroke, NH and customer sites. The Operations Tech I assures the safety of customers and employees and makes sure that the customers receive CNG in a timely and efficient manner. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: reviewing and processing a large amount of data, estimating timely scheduling of trucks and drivers, monitoring on-site and off-site equipment, filling trailers with natural gas and providing the first-line response to emergencies. The Operations Techs work 12-hour shifts, either 6 a.m. – 6 p.m., or 6 p.m. – 6 a.m. for seven days on and then have seven days off. (Note: there is a $2.50/hour shift differential for night shift hours.) This is a great position for a person who wants quality time with family or who has a flexible side job. It is one of the primary entry points for learning about the gas industry and for advancement.
A high school diploma or GED is required. 1 year of related experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred. Must have: (1) proven proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; (2) a track record of punctuality, reliability and dependability; (3) the ability to keep track of and process large amounts of data to make logical decisions ; (4) the ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing; (5) the ability to follow detailed instructions, carry out tasks and learn new programs and methods for completing the assigned work; (6) the ability to exercise mature judgment; and (7) the ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work frequently for extended periods in all weather conditions: must be able to stand / walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift / move 50 lbs. on a regular basis. Must be able to bend, stoop, reach and crouch as frequently. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. frequently.
All of our open positions are posted on this website. If all positions are filled or if you don’t see a posting that matches your experience and want to make sure we have your information on file please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our solid benefits program is designed to foster a healthy work/life balance and prepare you for a secure future.
- Combined Time Off – To help you sustain a healthy work/life balance, we offer a graduated, combined time off (CTO) schedule based on years of tenure, and starting with a minimum of 18 CTO days. In addition, each employee receives either holiday or additional CTO days, depending on the position. In addition we have 9 paid holidays.
- Health Coverage – To help maintain you and your family’s health, we offer medical and dental coverage. Company Paid Life, Long Term Disability and Vision Insurance. NG Advantage pays 100% of the premium for these three coverages for all Full Time Regular employees. Supplemental insurance, such as Short Term Disability, Accident and Critical Care Insurance is also available on a voluntary basis.
- Compensation – We provide a competitive compensation package that acknowledges your contributions to NG Advantage’s current and future growth.
- Bonus Program – All non-commissioned employees are included in a generous profit sharing bonus program.
- Retirement Plan – We offer a 401(k) savings plan with a company match. This provides you with a unique opportunity for savings, financial growth, and favorable tax treatment.